Find A Ride
Queens County Transit is proud to be able to serve the residents of Queens County for all of their transportation needs.
Queens County Transit offers two types of services for those in need of transportation.
Door to Door
Our door to door service is available to residents to pick you up at your door and take you where you need to go, dropping you off at the location of your choice. We ask that you pre book this service to allow our drivers to add you in to our schedule for the day.
We are pleased to offer group bookings to take classes,organizations and more wherever you need to go. Whether for a shopping trip or a field trip, our drivers are happy to safely and reliably get you where you need to go.
Queens County Transit is available to all residents of Queens County, Nova Scotia.
- All trips are calculated as a return trip as the cost to QCT is the same
- Minimum charge is $5.00
- Queens/Lunenburg: $0.45/km
- Outside Queens/Lunenburg: $0.55/km
* Mileage will be calculated with google maps or actual kms, whichever is less.
15 minutes included in original fare
- If the passenger asks us to wait: $3.00/ 15 minutes or $1 for every 5 mins
- The Dispatcher and Drivers are given authority to use their own discretion in calculating wait times
- No wait times for medical appointments and attendants ride for free
$3.00 per stop
- 2 passengers: both receive a 25% discount on fare
- 3+ passengers: all receive 50% discount
For Charter or Contract Services, please contact QCT.
* Fares effective May 1, 2020. Fares are subject to change without notice.
Please provide our office with 24-hour notice to change or cancel a trip. Clients who do not provide 24-hour notice to change a scheduled trip may be responsible for a $10.00 service charge. However late cancelled trips attributed to a reasonable cause, as determined by QCT, will not be classified as a late cancellation.
All trips booked with Queens County Transit require at 24 hour booking notice.
Jordan Brenko from Greenfield has been able to participate in festivals and has formed a bond with driver Bruce Wentzell who also takes him to the LCLC in Bridgewater on Friday nights so Jordan can volunteer for the hockey team. We also transport Jordan to all his medical appointments, bowling and adult learning centre daily.
“It is so very important for Jordan to attend a Day Program for his well-being and socialization in the Community. He would not be able to attend Penny Lane without you, due to the lack of wheelchair transportation in our area.The staff is super friendly and has built a relationship with Jordan that is amazing. So again, thank you from our entire family for being there.” – Sue Brenko